Call for Artificial Intelligence Projects
INNOVATION PROGRAM – SUPPORT FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE INNOVATION PROJECTS
PROGRAM GUIDING PRINCIPLE
The company’s artificial intelligence innovation project must seek to develop a new product, process or service, or seek to significantly improve an existing product, process or service. The intended purpose and use of the product, process or service must provide a decisive advantage over existing marketplace solutions while promoting the company’s own competitiveness within its chosen sector of activity. Innovations may:
- Involve radically new artificial intelligence solutions or ways of doing things using artificial intelligence;
- Combine artificial intelligence solutions or ways of doing things that mobilize existing artificial intelligence for new applications.
The program seeks to support SMEs at various stages of their innovative artificial intelligence projects.
More specifically, it targets the following objectives:
- To provide companies that design and use artificial intelligence solutions with support at various stages of their product, process or service-related innovation project, i.e. planning, development, improvement and commercialization;
- To accelerate the completion of product, process or service-related innovation projects;
- To help improve the productivity and competitiveness of SMEs;
- To promote workplace learning, along with the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge through the integration of trainees into the company;
To support the training of a qualified succession according to the artificial intelligence-related needs of every industrial sector.
MAIN PROGRAM RULES
- Partnership eligibility applies to SMEs and big businesses in every sector of activity that hold an establishment in Quebec and are legally incorporated under the laws of the Government of Quebec or Canada;
- Projects must be conducted by a minimum of two Quebec companies, including at least one SME;
- Project eligibility is conditional upon hiring a minimum of one trainee per year ($15,000 value) per company for the duration of the project;
- Projects must be conducted with one or more members of the QuébecInnove network (expenses > 20% of the budget, including trainees);
- Big business project expenditures may not exceed 20% of the project`s overall value;
- Maximum grant equal to $150,000 per eligible partner company;
- Maximum grant of $750,000 per project;
- Maximum assistance rate 50% of eligible expenses;
- Project duration up to a maximum of three years.
For more details, consult the guide.
Project proposals must be submitted by midnight, January 31, 2020.
For eligibility criteria or to discuss your innovation project, contact:
Director – Programs & International Collaborations
514 284-0211 ext. 227